top of page

"Suit-Safe" Drone Aerial Contractor Guidelines

The video is thorough and goes over the three things to check to ensure you are not exposed to possible damages in the event of a drone crash on a job you hired. None the less, here's the bullet list again.

1: Valid FAA Part 107 (minimum) Drone Pilot Licensed Operator

2: Valid FAA Drone Registration

3: Drone Flight Liability Insurance for Your Job

I didn't include this in the video. In the years I have provided this type of service; no one has ever asked if I was licensed and insured. I have done commercial property jobs over city streets for national companies. One in Denver was over Broadway from 10th to 12th. And like I said, the agent, the office, and the contracting company from Philadelphia never asked if I was insured for the job.

For that matter ensuring your photo-video-floor plan-360/3D contractors are generally insured for person and property damage is a good practice as well. I once bumped a fancy tablet thermostat and it fell off the wall. It only held with a magnetic ring. Not a big deal but it was $800 to replace. Replacement had to be done quickly too. I was glad and so was my agent for my business liability insurance. I have seen other mishaps on jobs. Once an agent pulled down a large heavy blind trying to expose the window. It broke a lamp in the fall along with itself and brackets (and then the window was filthy).

It's always good to be properly insured. Drone jobs are just a little more complicated - JohnO

19 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page